The Perfect Free WordPress Automatic Database Backup with WP-Backup plug-in and Gmail
WordPress backup is the most important thing that every WordPress user should do at regular intervals, because there is if any problem come in your hosting and your database or any other files are lost or corrupt then what would you do after that , so it is better if you took a backup og your database at regular interval, most recommended every updating of your blog,
their are many solutions for this problems , but after searching the internet and a lot of research i found this trickery idea to take an automated backup of your database, regularly without touch your computer or login, this is completely automatic solution for database backup which is i recommended to every blogger who use WordPress for blogging,
Because any hosting provider doesn’t take responsibility of your data, in their terms and condition it is very clear that if anything happen to your database or your site data then they are not responsible for any kind of loss ?
That is very horrible situation if there is any problem occour in four database because if your database then it is very difficult oto repair the database, so the better is to take regular backup of your database, now come to point here is the complete solution for automatic backup of database regularly.
- When i am searching For the best backup option for my word press, then after the lot of search ,and research with different available plug-ins for backup for word-press,
- I found this combined solution of wp-backup plug-in and Gmail account best for free,
- and the most amazing thing about this that the both are free,
here i will show you step by step guide how to install this whole setup, in your word-press blog, with ease steps,
step 1—Create a Free Gmail account
- for that just log-in to www.gmail.com and create your new Gmail account for backup purpose, that is best to use a separate account for backup, i prefer it for security and available disk storage 7GB FREE data storage,
- now wrote down the email address you created in Gmail.
step 2— Download the plug-in wp-db
- There are several different backup plug-ins out there, but we’re going to use WP-DB Manager, because it’s the one I know will work, and because you can count on it being updated with each Word-Press release
- or from site plug-in WP-DB
- Save the zip file in your computer in a safe
- now upload it in your word-press plug-in install page by choose file in upload and install it.
- and now ,activate it
- If the backup-db folder doesn’t exist, create it and CHMOD it to 777 (In most FTP clients like FileZilla, you can CHMOD a folder by right clicking it and choosing “CHMOD” or “File Attributes” etc).
step 3— Configure The Settings for wp-backup plug-in
- for taking backup in your hosting account just select the option and take a backup instantly
Now for automatic backup scheduling setting
- now save the setting by click the schedule backup
- and have fun, all done very well
step 4– Lycos Mail, for those who have the Database bigger then 20 MB
- The drawback to the method above is that you’re limited to a maximum database size of 20MB.
- Because Gmail only provide the attachment facility 20 MB limit.
- so Lycos mail is one of the best cheep mail service with unlimited attachment file size.
- for free accounts Lycos Mail. They offer 3GB of free storage, but unlimited email attachment sizes.
- Limitations However, with the free version, you must log-in every 30 days, or they will permanently delete all of your emails.
- you can purchase the yearly subscription with cheapest price in market comparison.
- which costs $5.95 a year (Still extremely cheapest )
There is another best option i have fount it by a lot of experiments
- you are using self hosting, and almost all hosting companies give you the facility to create the email accounts under your domain, hear the magic happen
- the email receive limit in hosting email accounts is different in different hosting check it by customer support of your hosting?
- if there is limit more than 20 mb use it, in maximum hosting account the limit is up to 99MB,
- 99MB is a quite big for database in my opinion this is best for even larger sites,
- Simply use Microsoft outlook express pop3 setting to download the backup file directly to your systems,
- with this you can forward your mail to your Gmail account for safe option.
- Word press backup is the most important thing everyone must have to enable , because caution is better than losing the Data .